AWAKEN THE TEACHER WITHIN-A JOURNEY TO THE SELF
This unique training is grounded in anatomy and yoga therapy with direct application to students with many levels of abilities, injuries and intentions. We employ an active learning approach with a focus on specific areas of study. This experience is much more than learning how to teach yoga. It’s an invitation to expand the mind, open the heart and heal the body.
WEEKEND INTENSIVES WITH MAXIMUM FLEXIBILITY
Life can be busy and committing to 10 weeks of training can be a challenge. We’ve created a flexible training calendar to meet your needs! Three units of study are offered to meet the 200 hour registration guidelines. Take the units consecutively or spread them out over two years. Create a training that is right for you.
Friday, 6:00-9:00 pm
Saturday, 11:30 am – 6:30 pm
Sunday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Unit 1: Anatomy of a Healthy Practice
March 23-25, April 6-8, April 20-22, 2018
Unit Two: Asana, Alignment and Adjustments
April 27-29, May 11-13, June 1-3, June 15-17, 2018
Unit Three: Exploring the Subtle Bodies
July 13-15, July 27-29, August 10-12
Will be offered evenings during each unit. Dates to be announced. Students are required to attend 10 hours of practicum to obtain RYS 200 registration.
Additional Class Hours:
15 hours of take home assignments
25 Additional Yoga Class Hours or Workshops: These Classes and Workshops must be taken with instructors at Rishis Community Yoga or approved Certified Yoga Instructors in other venues.
• $2500 ($500 deposit with application). Final payment of $2000 due March 15, 2018 (credit cards not accepted)
• $2600 if paid after March 15, 2018
• $2700 if using Installment Plan; $850 with application
Installment payments of $925 due April 20, July 6, 2018
Cancellation Policy: Deposits are refundable up to 4 weeks (February 23, 2018) prior to the beginning of training.If written cancellation is received after that date, deposit is non-refundable unless another participant can fill the spot.
• History and Evolution of Yoga-bringing the classical into the modern world
• Yoga Philosophy-wisdom of the ages
• Anatomy & Physiology-breathing life into the principles of movement
• Ahimsa in Asana-nonharming movement rooted in anatomy
• Intelligent Sequencing-designing transformative classes
• Yoga Nidra/Meditation-power of the pause
• Pranayama-strengthening the body through breath awareness
• Business practices-ethics and presentation skills
• Practicum-assisting, observing, creating your own teaching style
Karen Quinn, ERYT500, Certified Yoga Therapist, Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner is the lead instructor for this training. She brings 18 years and over 10,000 hours of teaching experience to create trainings rich in anatomy, alignment and ahimsa. Her emphasis is on sharing the many tools of yoga therapy that allows students to discover the wonder and ease of this ancient practice.
In addition, we have assembled an incredible group of instructors with years of hands on experience to share their knowledge and expertise so that you can share with others the many gifts of yoga.
Topics covered in the 200 hours course meet or exceed the required standards of the Yoga Alliance.
Please reach out if you have any inquiries about our schedule, workshops or location. Thank you. (303) 601-0789 email@example.com